We invite you to celebrate another great year of The Head & The Hand Workshop. It is our community's support that has allowed us to provide over 50 writers with over a dozen classes per month, opportunities for readings to share their work with the Philadelphia literary community, over 20 hours of editing sessions and most importantly fun events like this dinner to get people from the literary community together and strengthen our bonds. But we need your support so we can continue serving Philly's literary community. To do this, we are bringing together a selection of our fine authors Sarah Grey, Jon McGoran, Nathaniel Popkin, Eric Smith, and Joey Sweeney, as well as dedicated members and friends for a fundraising dinner to support the literary community we build each day and the monthly programming of our Writers' Workshop.
Each ticket includes:
- A cocktail hour in the lovely Physick House Garden from 5-6 plus drinks all night of Literature-inspired cocktails crafted by our friends at Art in the Age and flavored with herbs grown on Emerald Street Community Farm
- The chance to silently bid on a plethora of goods from our good friends in the artist, restaurant and maker communities of Philadelphia
- Intimate, small-table dining from 6-8 with our authors at the Physick House in Old City, as well as literary toasts and self guided tours of the Physick House museum
- A family-style meal prepared by Ben Bigler of the Soup Kitchen Cafe in East Kensington and cooked up with vegetables from Emerald Street Community Farm and meat from Philly Foodworks
- Wacky and wonderful ice cream creations from Little Baby's Ice Cream
We hope to see you there. Can't make it to the dinner, then please consider buying a ticket for a friend who can. And if you don't know anyone who can attend, but would still like to make a contribution, then please use the donation option on the "Get Tickets" page. As always, we appreciate your support.
Thanks to our partners at PhilaLandmarks for use of their lovely Physick House.
Space is limited! Please click here to purchase your ticket.